Community Outreach Assistant
Term of Employment: 8 weeks, effective July 3rd, 2017
Wage: $11.40/hour, Full-time-equivalent position (FTE), 30 hours/week
Location: Centre for Social Innovation, Annex, 720 Bathurst St., Toronto, ON M5S 2R4
This position will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Officer as well as the Fundraising Subcommittee of the Board of Directors, under the supervision of the Artistic Director.
Key objectives during the term of employment will include:
- The development of a community outreach plan to be implemented in the 2017/18 programming season, specifically outlining outreach strategies for a major education program focusing on game design and digital storytelling workshops that target young women and indigenous youth, as well as opportunities for establishing a network of funders and distributors for a digital publication stream on sustainable art practice.
- Establishing a community partner database through the use of available online tools and platforms.
- Contributing to the creation of content for an electronic outreach brochure that the organization can distribute to future potential partners.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work collaboratively with staff to identify new potential community partners specific to programs taking place in Subtle Technologies’ 2017/18 season.
- Prepare a draft community outreach plan for Subtle Technologies’ 2017/18 season and work with staff to edit and refine this document.
- Determine long-term potential community partners through ongoing research and evaluation, and cultivate those prospects that best align with Subtle Technologies’ mandate and strategic plan.
- Establish a simple electronic database that details current and potential partners, and can be easily managed and accessed by staff.
- Generate relevant content for the production of an electronic outreach brochure. This includes developing concepts, gathering and formatting information and preparing clear communications.
- Serve as an ambassador of the mission of Subtle Technologies in the interaction with current and potential partners and the media.
- Legally entitled to work in Canada and meet the eligibility criteria (Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act).
Full-time student during the previous academic year and intends to return to school full-time for the next academic year.
- Between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of the employment.
- Subtle Technologies supports the employment of priority students (students with disabilities, students of Indigenous heritage, and visible minorities.) If you identify as a priority student, please state this in your application.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and conduct independent research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or equivalent (e.g. Office Libre)
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite CC
- Study in a field related to the position responsibilities such as visual arts, performance arts, arts administration, media studies, and variations of marketing and communication programs
Please submit a cover letter and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae to:
email@example.com with the subject line “Canada Summer Jobs Applicant”.
Deadline: Friday, June 9th, 2017
As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity.
Subtle Technologies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). To request accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact:
Canadians and permanent residents of Canada are eligible to apply. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.