SUBTLE TECHNOLOGIES 2020
Curatorial Mentorship Program
CALL: EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST Submit by 25 May 2020
Subtle Technologies provides a platform for community-building and knowledge sharing at the intersection of art, science, and technology.
Subtle Technologies invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) for participation in the organization’s 2020 Curatorial Mentorship Program. Applicants may be current students, recent graduates or new to the field of curation. The 2020 Curatorial Mentorship Program is a 3-phase program with EOI, Proposal and Project development phases. Honoraria will be offered to candidates selected for continued participation.
Stage 3 of the project will be a fully detailed, submission-ready fundraising proposal describing a curatorial project prepared with the mentorship of Subtle Tech Board of Directors. Board members will perform an active advisory and support role at all stages of conceptual development, critical contextualization, administration, fundraising and dissemination.
Honoraria: Phase 1 – EOI, Phase 2 – $600, Phase 3 – $3000
In your EOI:
- Describe your curatorial concepts, themes and general information about your projected scope.
- Indicate the intended audience for an online project and how you propose to reach them.
- Demonstrate your capacity to realize your ideas.
To participate in Subtle Technologies 2020 Curatorial Mentorship Program, submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 May 2020.
Combine EOI documents into a single PDF under 2 gigs or as a url document. EOIs will be received by document transfer (Wetransfer), or url. Please include:
- A project statement (up to 500 words) outlining your project idea, its conceptual relevance to the times, and your experience with online curation. Video, audio and text statements will be accepted.
- Examples of past work relevant to your proposal including writing and design samples, audio/visual documentation and online citations.
- CV / Bio / Website / Social media
Subtle Technologies is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in all our programming and organizational activities. We encourage proposals from all individuals including those of underrepresented communities.
ABOUT SUBTLE TECHNOLOGIES
Subtle Technologies is a Toronto-based platform for community building and knowledge sharing at the intersection of art, science and technology. Our projects invite a curious public to engage with ideas at the leading-edge of Canadian creativity while promoting cross-disciplinary collaboration and exchange between diverse communities. Through strategic partnerships, we program year-round events that educate and incubate the next generation of makers and thinkers. We also provide support and consultation to projects generated by those encounters.
For information with regards future programming, please contact email@example.com